Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Amazing ministry tools (Part 3 graphics)

As it is with many churches, we in ministry find ourselves wearing a ton of different hats. Youth minister, children's minster, media minister, graphic designer, web master, IT guy, janitor... the list goes on and on. So, my hope is to knock one of those things off of the list for you. No, not janitor, we all have to do our part, but Graphic designer. I know of many churches that have the resources to actually have a full time graphic artist on their staff. I know that scripture says not too, but I covet. I wish that I had someone to go to every time I had a youth bulletin to produce or I needed an image for an upcoming lesson. But alas, we don't have a graphic design artist at the church. Fear Not! There is hope! There are a number of great websites online that can help fill this need and I would love to showcase a few of them for you! Mind you, I'm sure that there are a ton of other sites that you can use, these are just a few of my favorites.

CREATION SWAP-  This site rocks! the other cool thing? You can post your own work up to it for others to use for free or to purchase. There are some truly talented artists on this site, definitely give it a look see.

MUDDY RIVER MEDIA- This is a go to site when you need a quick countdown timer, street interview etc. These guys have it all and its fairly decent stuff. Ive used a number of their motion backgrounds for some of our worship services. Again, completely free!

STOCK XCHNG- Here is something that I know a ton of churches are guilty of. Pirating images. Guys, this is illegal and people do get caught for doing it. So, stop doing it! News flash, if you go online to Google and search for something like a cat, click images, find the cute little image of a cat that you would like for your bulletin cover (hey, don't judge) and then right click, save as and send it to your downloads to be mass produced on 500 bulletins for Sunday mornings worship... you have just pirated an image. There is an easier way. Not to mention, legal. Use royalty free images and Stock Xchnge is a great place to start. They literally have a royalty free image for just about anything (even cats). So there you have it, quite being a criminal! Now you can sleep better at night.

LIFE CHURCH- Where do you even begin with Life Church.. Do you need a video series? They have it. And not your cheap, low budget videos that we have all come to expect from the Christian video world, but legit, well produced videos that people can really relate too. There is really too much to write about just on life church, I encourage you to just go and spend a few...hours on their site, they really have a ton of resources to offer.


So these are just a few sites that I use on a regular basis feel free to add to the list in the comments section, I'm sure that we would all love to see what you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment