Wednesday, August 20, 2014

This is Africa... Part 1

8/18/2014... 4:45am

My iPhone alarm goes off. I throw it across the room. I lay in bed a few more minutes and then realize, I HAVE A FLIGHT TO CATCH! 

I'm traveling to Durban South Africa with a small group of people from First Assembly of God in Visalia, CA.
Their job, to scout the location and see how the church can partner with the local churches in SA.
My job? To document it.

I'm traveling with my trusty 4K GH4, a set of cinema prime lenses some audio gear and my workhorse Phantom. Cinema drone, My hope is to be able to capture the beauty of the region and people, their joy, laughter and yes, sorrow. 
To tell their story.

Durban is a beautiful city located in the farthest tip of South Africa. It is an amazing melting pot of dozens of different people, traditions and religions. One of the big issues that has plagued the area is a massive concentration of HIV/AIDS. Unfortunately, many people don't have the means to get medical assistance. 
This is where our story begins.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment